We want your experience with Subaru of New Zealand in both our online and offline environments to be enjoyable and we take care to respect your privacy.
This policy applies to Inchcape Motors New Zealand Limited (Company Number 316837) trading as Subaru of New Zealand (‘Subaru of New Zealand ’) and outlines our obligations in managing personal information we hold about customers, potential customers, contractors and others who come into contact with us, as well as our related companies.
Subaru of New Zealand are bound by the Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) (‘Privacy Act’) that require us to handle your personal information responsibly. ‘Personal Information’ is information about identifiable, living people.
Why does Subaru of New Zealand collect Personal Information?
The primary purposes for which Subaru of New Zealand collects your personal information includes:
- Helping us contact you in the event of vehicle safety and/or product recall concerns.
- To provide you with information about our products and services;
- To inform you of our special offers and events and to facilitate and process your test drive request or your acceptance order of any special offers, products and services;
- To create a better, more personalised experience with Subaru of New Zealand for you;
We use the information we collect about you for the primary purpose for which it is collected (which we disclose to you at the time of collection) and for reasonably expected secondary purposes.
Subaru of New Zealand also takes all reasonable steps to provide clear, complete and up-to-date information about our business and the products and services we offer. This includes how to get in touch with us. If you have a concern with the collection or use of your personal information, you can notify Subaru of New Zealand of your concern, make a complaint, obtain redress or pursue dispute resolution by simply contacting our office on the contact details set out at the end of this policy.
What Personal Information do we collect?
The type of personal information Subaru of New Zealand collects and holds includes names, addresses, contact details, occupations and other information that will assist us in providing you with help about our products and services.
Personal Information Collection
When we collect your personal information we endeavour to:
- Collect your personal information only by lawful and fair means, generally by forms filled out by you (whether online or in hard copy), face-to-face meetings, interviews, business cards and third parties to whom you have given consent to pass on your personal information (e.g. our authorised dealers). From time to time we may also collect non-personal information, (e.g. information specific to a vehicle or model). This helps us to provide you with improved products and services.
- Let you know whom we are and what we intend to do with your information when we receive it. We strive to be open – upon request we will let you know what sort of personal information we hold about you, how we collect it and how we use and disclose it.
- Take steps to ensure that your personal details are accurate, complete and up-to-date when we use or collect them. You have the right under the Privacy Act to request changes to your personal information. We encourage you to contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you.
Personal Information Disclosure
With your permission we may disclose your personal information to:
- Owners and agents of Subaru of New Zealand
- Our Authorised Subaru Dealerships
- Insurance companies
- Credit or finance providers
- Other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf who are contract bound to protect your privacy
- Law enforcement bodies such as the Police, who seek access to your personal information for law enforcement purposes
- Anyone else to whom you have authorised us to disclose it
If you have consented, we may also receive your personal information from these companies and individuals, in which case we will deal with this information in accordance with this policy. Unless otherwise required or permitted by law, if we disclose your personal information to others we will only do so with your consent (implied or express), and we will also take steps to ensure the party to whom we have disclosed your information agrees to protect the privacy of your personal information.
We always provide individuals with an opportunity to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications from Subaru of New Zealand. If you have received a communication from us and don't wish to receive new information from us in the future, contact us on the details set out at the end of this Policy. (Or unsubscribe at the bottom of the email or text communication). We will take appropriate steps to ensure your details are marked as “private” on our internal database and/or added to our ‘Do Not Mail’ list to ensure you will not receive any future communication from us. Subaru of New Zealand does not send marketing communications to customers who have asked us to mark their details as private or who have opted out of receiving such information. [NB your details may be retained in the event that we may need to contact you in relation to such matters as vehicle safety, recalls, warranty and any requirements specified by law].
The Security of our System
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information collected by us. We understand that customers require peace of mind when it comes to the security of providing their personal information to Subaru of New Zealand. We have internal methods to ensure that your personal information is safe and protected against misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the Privacy Principles, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or suppress your personal information.
Updates to this Policy
Our Contact Details
Subaru of New Zealand
PO Box 58 743
Botany, Auckland, 2014
Call Free - 0800 SUBARU (782 278)
Phone (09) 272 7720
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
The information contained in this website is presented as a general guide to the products, accessories, services and merchandise offered by Subaru of New Zealand and its authorised dealers and partner companies. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information on this website is correct and up to date however, to the maximum extent permitted under law, Subaru of New Zealand does not provide any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information and, subject to applicable laws, does not accept liability for damages of any kind resulting from the access, reliance or use of this site and its contents. Subaru of New Zealand reserves the right to discontinue or change any of the content, models, prices, colours, materials, equipment, merchandise items or specifications shown or referred to on this site at any time without notice.
Some equipment shown or referred to on this site may only be available as an option at extra cost. Some images shown on this website may be of concept or overseas models. Always consult your authorised Subaru dealer for the latest information about a Subaru product, its specifications and its availability before placing an order.
All information contained in this site is protected by © copyright and other intellectual property laws. No image, text or other content from this site may be distributed or reproduced without prior written approval from Subaru of New Zealand.
As at August 2018.
© Copyright 2018 – Subaru of New Zealand. All rights reserved.